Monday, March 26, 2012

Do We Treat God like He is Just Another one of our Relatives or Friends?


 Re-posted from 6-2010
Acts 17:27 NASB
I walked outside this morning and heard my Mother's wind chimes. 
I said, "Hello Mother." 
I thought about my favorite niece and great niece who are on a road trip down Route 66.
The thought came to me. 
Do we treat God like He is just another one of our relatives or friends?
Do we spend time with Him only when it is convenient for us?
Do we go to scheduled worship services so we can say," okay I did my duty for this week?"
Do we pray only when we feel so guilty that we cannot stand it anymore or when we need something? 
Subconsciously we say okay, "I'll pray so I can ease my conscience."
Why is it that we only have time for God when it is convenient for us?
Acts 17:24-30
"The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;
nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;
and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,
that they world seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;"
for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'
"Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man."
"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,"
Let us aspire to spend more time with our Heavenly Father and our earthly family and friends.
All content and pictures are copyrighted 2012 by shelia-s.com.
Nothing from this blog may be copyed or used without my premission.
For a Free Bible Study Click below:
http://www.worldbibleschool.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Total Pageviews