Friday, September 21, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

I am thrilled to write a Sponsored(Disclaimer)Post for GlassesUSA.com
Do you ever take your vision for granted?  
Genesis 3:5
"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."  This was the fall of man.
I took a pair of old eyeglasses with me the first time I traveled to Zambia.  Just in case something happened to my good glasses.  A local man rode with us as we traveled to a village 45 minutes up the Zambezi River.  I was horrified to see his eyeglasses. The smaller lenses from previous glasses had been wired into a larger frame as you can see in the picture.
We decided to give him my old glasses if he could see through them. Indeed, he could.
Last summer I was walking through the bush with a group of native Zambian women . One of the ladies looked at my glasses as she pointed to her eyes.  Then, pointing to my glasses she said in very broken English, "I can't see, I need some of those."  My heart ached and I felt shame because I was wearing a pair of prescription sunglasses. I had a pair of prescription glasses in my bag and a spare pair of prescription glasses in my suitcase.
One does not see many people wearing glasses in Zambia . They cannot go to the optometrist for an eye exam. They cannot order glasses through the mail or online. They cannot go to the local discount store to purchase reading glasses.  The fact is, many of the people in Zambia do not have a means to acquire the eyeglasses they need. The main reason is they cannot afford to buy them, even if they are available.
Matthew 20:32-34
And Jesus stopped and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?"
They said to Him, "Lord, we want our eyes to be opened."
Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him
First of all, we have to trust and depend on God. He has blessed many of us with the means to buy more than what we need. The fact is that we are all blind until we are healed by Jesus Christ.
Here is a great way to save a lot of money and buy your eyeglasses online

Check out this super discount Just For My Readers:
STOREWIDE OFFER-- Take 15% off your entire order amount +FREE shipping(orders over $50.00). CODE: FS15
Take 10% off any order of prescription glasses. CODE: Blog10


For a Free Bible Study Click Here:
www.bigcountry.worldbibleschool.org

19 comments:

  1. It's amazing the things we take for granted, isn't it? How blessed are we? Our cup runneth over. And that's when it's time to share (emotionally, financially, compassionately).

    The post was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do take a lot for granted. We have more than enough. Blessings and thanks for coming.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for linking up at the Friday Chaos hop.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a way that used glasses can be taken to Zambia? Does anyone know of an organization that will/does do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we always take as many glasses as we can when we go to do a medical mission, sometimes we send a sea container ahead of time. We have a native optometrist who can fit used glasses for the people. Also, just plain reading glasses are very useful because many of the people just can't see up close. Any one wishing to donate used glasses can send them to me and they will be put to good use. E-mail me for my address. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing you are doing for people less fortunate than all of us. We may have some tough times but not like this. I'm going to suggest this as a project for the PTA -- the kids could collect glasses and learn some great lessons at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your wonderful words. Blessings for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made such a difference for others. So, so much that we take for granted. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just give God all the glory because I am nothing without Him. I am so thankful he has allowed me to help Him. Blessings to you and your family.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful post, Sheila. How humbling to think of all the things we take for granted...all the time. So happy you're linking up with Mop It Up Mondays. Your posts are always so good for my soul.

    {HUGS},
    krisit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kristi,
    I appreciate your creativity. Blessings, Shelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelia, this was a great post! I like how you wove a story with the review and the pics are just great. Thanks for linking up at the Picture Perfect Party Linky!

    Tina - mom of 4 and author of 5 blogs
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's definitely amazing what things we take for granted. My parents both wear glasses, but at least right now my vision is fine and I feel very lucky. Thanks for sharing this at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing a wonderful work. It is so encouraging to know of your travels and that you are teaching others so far away, while also helping them with their physical needs. Thank you, from someone who will never travel to Africa. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words and blessings for what you do.

      Delete
  13. I broke my glasses not too long ago and had to go for three days without - it made me very grateful for the fact that I could find some in a relatively short time. And I made sure to get a spare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does make one stop and think about what it would be like if you did not have the means to acquire new glasses.
      Thanks for reading the article.
      Blessings, Shelia

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful post, Sheila. How humbling to think of all the things we take for granted...all the time. So happy you're linking up with Mop It Up Mondays. Your posts are always so good for my soul.
    Spectacles online shopping | Prescription Frames
    Glasses

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.

Total Pageviews