Monday, September 8, 2008

Since School started I have been busy.

I cannot believe that three weeks have passed since I last blogged.
The same title as last time could apply. When one is a teacher there is little free time because there is so much to do to prepare for each day. Add the fact that one teaches four year olds and the work is never, never ending and the energy level is drained dry each day.
I have twenty, four olds in my class. Twelve boys and eight girls. That is a lot of boy power if you ask me. But that is really okay with me because I can handle boys better than girls. Girls are too whinny.
We are practicing a technique I learned this summer in a Brain Power workshop. We take a deep breath. Wrap our arms around ourselves and say I am safe and calm as we exhale. It certainly helps me and I think the kids really do like to do it.
What a charge God has given me to spend my days with these precious souls for 180 days of the year.
Isaiah 55:8-9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
I have to just remember this passage when I try to figure out what I am doing.
By the way I have two boys in my class named Isaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Total Pageviews