Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where Is the Peace that Passes All Understanding I Everyday Life?

I am going back to work next week. I teach four year olds in a public school. I love teaching these precious souls. However, I love the time I have at home in the summer.

The last several summers we have been away for a month in the summer on a mission trip or traveling. The first three weeks were spent getting ready for the trip. Then we were gone three to four weeks. We were home for three to four weeks before school started after we got home.

This summer has been strange because we were home most of the summer. It has almost been unsettling to me to have so much time at home. I have had too much time to get things done. I have been going through years of accumulations trying to decide what to get rid of and what to keep. There are other factors that have made this an unsettling time. I will write about those at a later time.

I have to keep reminding myself that no matter what is going on in life, I have to stay focused on who is in control. It is my job to claim that peace that passes all understanding on a daily bases. Sometimes it has to be a moment to moment bases. One thing this week has reminded me of that fact. I bought a new laptop computer and had to take it back two times because of problems. This really challenged me to have the peace that passes all understanding. I did though. I picked the laptop up for the second time and brought it home. I turned it on and it did not work. It was nine o'clock at night.
Do I get mad and stew about this all night, planning what I will say to them tomorrow. Or do I claim the peace that passes all understanding. I chose to claim the peace. I prayed asking God to work out the details and guide me on what I need to say and do tomorrow. Guess what? I went to sleep with a splitting headache. I slept like a baby and woke up refreshed without a headache.
I called and spoke to the man who sold me the laptop. He said "I will send a tech guy out tomorrow with a brand new laptop and he will get you set up again."
Thank you God for the Peace that Passes All Understanding and the wisdom to claim it. Until next time. Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Total Pageviews